In this week’s episode I’m chatting with Dr. Amelia Patillo, a naturopathic doctor on the traditional territories of the Lekwungen people in Victoria, BC. Amelia is passionate about helping others return to feeling balanced, calm and resilient in their lives. She encourages and inspires others to keep close to nature by spending time outdoors, eating nourishing whole foods, and using herbal medicine to tend to imbalances in the body. Her holistic approach in practice blends natural and traditional forms of medicine with modern scientific knowledge to create personalized and comprehensive treatment plans for her patients. In this episode, we chat about all things naturopathic medicine, and her recommendations for supporting our mental health through our connection with nature, some basic herbs, and getting solid sleep.
In this episode, Amelia and I explore:
- What naturopathic medicine is and the role of naturopathic doctors;
- Amelia’s own story of moving through anxiety and panic attacks to return to a grounded connection with herself and her body;
- Specific (and easy) herbal remedies for soothing anxiety;
- Sleep hygiene – what it means and what we can do about it; and
- The simple ways we can connect to nature (even if in a big city) to help improve our mental wellness.
Resources + Links:
Anxiety Awareness Mini-Course:
Sign up for my FREE 3-day Anxiety Awareness mini-course here.
If You Enjoy The Unraveled Life Podcast…
I would so appreciate it if you could give it a rating and review! This helps more people find it and tune into this work. Thank you so much 🙂